Hotel Riverton’s Environmental Policy
At Hotel Riverton, we work to continuously improve our environmental performance of all the hotel's operational activities to reduce our environmental impact. Our certification is by Svensk Miljöbas and the renewal of the certification takes place on an annual basis and is performed by the City of Gothenburg.
We are working to continuously improve our environmental performance of all the hotel´s operational activities to reduce our environmental impact. Our certification is by the Swedish Environmental Base standard. The standard for operations is based on the key elements in ISO 14 001, but with simplified requirements for documentation, and focuses on actual environmental improvements and open environmental reporting. The renewal of the certification takes place on an annual basis and is performed by the City of Gothenburg.
Our overall goal as a hotel is to reduce our environmental impact while maintaining a high standard and quality for you as a guest. So, while you stay with us, we aim to do everything we can for you to enjoy your stay whilst working on reducing our environmental impact.
Please read more below of how you can support us in our endeavour to work more sustainably.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR VISIT
- Cleaning is done with respect for the environment.
- We reduce the amount of detergent used by using microfibre cloths and we only use environmentally certified cleaning products.
- Washing is carried out with high environmental standards both on-site and via our suppliers.
- In our purchasing process, we prioritise ecological and environmentally friendly products and goods.
- All rubbish accumulated at the hotel is sorted at source.
- Lighting and ventilation are on a timer for public spaces.
- Lighting in the rooms is turned on / off by slotting your key card into a key holder by the door.
- More than 70% of our lighting is energy-saving lamps, with the goal of 100% before year-end.
- We use pump bottles for shampoo, shower gel and lotions in the room to reduce plastic waste.
YOU CAN ALSO HELP TO CONTRIBUTE TO A BETTER ENVIRONMENT BY
- Using public transport during your visit to Gothenburg
- Following the instructions of the sign in the bathroom of when to change your towels.
- Not using water unnecessarily
- Turning off the light/ remove the key from the key holder when leaving your hotel room.
- Not throwing foreign objects, such as sanitary towels, cotton swabs, tampons, etc. into the toilet. There is a basket for this purpose in the bathroom.
ACTIONS TO MAINTAIN SAFE ENVIRONMENTS: COVID-19
AT HOTEL RIVERTON YOU CAN FEEL SAFE
We would like to take a moment to ensure you that we at Hotel Riverton are taking the situation of this uncertain time seriously. As a Corona-free hotel, we want to assure you that we have heightened all our precautionary principles and practices to maximum levels in order to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
We recognize that the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic may be a cause of concerns but hope to assure you that we are staying focused on the health and safety of our guests, without compromising the quality of your experience when staying with us.
We are, as always, keeping up with the highest standard of hygiene in each department of our operations and are staying up-to-date with the situation and any safety advice as the situation continues to develop.
In the case of outbreaks of infectious diseases, the hotel follows the recommendations of relevant authorities and acts uniformly with their advice. Cleaning of all surfaces and hotel rooms is always carried out according to specific recommendations and our detailed procedures. Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We kindly urge you as a guest to follow the authorities' recommendations, including washing your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
Some actions that have been added to the routine of our staff force and operations to continuously ensure being a (COVID-19 Free) Corona-free Hotel are:
- Our conference rooms are kept clear of guests for minimum 15hrs after check-out and before next check-in to ensure and that no bacteria or virus could survive to be passed on, even after cleaning.
- Our housekeeping team and restaurant team are all offered disposable gloves in order to minimize catching or spreading the contagious virus
- All our chefs always work with disposable gloves for hygiene reasons
- The kitchen follows regulations and guidelines in accordance with HACCP and the Swedish Food Agency's (Livsmedelsverkets) requirements regarding environment and health.
- The front desk team disinfects the reception desk at least once a day.
- Disinfectants are used to clean the hotel in addition to our usual cleaning products and procedures
- In addition to our usual cleaning routines, we focus extra attention on cleaning and disinfecting areas that are often touched, such as door handles, elevator buttons, card terminals, and handrails.
- We wash all our towels in-house, so we have full control over the handling and care of both clean and used guest towels to ensure a sanitary and safe stay.
- We change cleaning cloths for every room that is serviced, and all cleaning utensils are washed in 95° after use in our own laundry department.
- All our conference lunches are served plated, for both service and hygiene reasons.
- All staff must wash their hands with a generous amount of soap before starting their shift
- All staff is urged to maintain good hand hygiene and to continuously wash their hands during the day's workout and to be extra observant of symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizing products placed throughout our offices and public spaces to remind and encourage each and everyone to remain sanitary and safe
All ventilation is regulated on a room to room basis and the airflow between rooms is not integrated – ensuring each conference group's safety, even if COVID-19 is not an airborne disease.
We are, as always, very much looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel and restaurants. We are understanding your concerns regarding how the Coronavirus, Covid-19, may impact your current or upcoming stay with us or that you may have questions due to the rapidly changing information. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or if there is anything else we can do to make your visit more comfortable.
A warm welcome to Hotel Riverton!
We follow the cancellation terms and policies that are agreed upon. Terms for specific bookings depend on the type of booking you have made. Information about your cancellation policy can be found in your booking confirmation.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Recommendations regarding Covid-19:
Why soap is effective against the COVID-19 virus:
“Because the virus is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer. Soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and dies – or rather, we should say it becomes inactive as viruses aren’t really alive.” – Prof. Pall Thordarson of Chemistry at University of New South Wales, Sydney. (Source: World Economic Forum).
What You Can Do:
To reduce the spread of coronavirus, we recommend, based on governmental and the WHO information available, to follow the same precautionary measures as you would to help prevent the spread of cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterward.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands to avoid germ transfer.
Please also consider:
- If you have been in an infected area recently, please consider the safety of your fellow guests and the possibility of being contagious
- If you feel ill, please remain at your house
- If you start to develop any symptoms or stat feeling sick, please inform our staff and go home
Please visit the Public Health Agency for the latest updates on Covid-19. They publish the latest information about the Covid-19 / Coronavirus in Sweden. We follow their recommendations if a guest or employee should get sick with the Covid-19 virus, and continuously inform staff with current reports. Read more HERE.
Do you have symptoms? Contact the Care Guide 1177 in the first place, do not go to a health center or hospital.
Please note that information about Covid-19 changes significantly and rapidly, hence the Hotel will not accept liability for any outdated information that has not yet been updated here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is the hotel breakfast served?
Our hotel breakfast is now served à la carte instead of a buffet to guarantee the safety of our guests while maintaining our high level of service.
Are your restaurants open?
Yes, all the restaurants and bars at Hotel Riverton are open and follow our new safety procedures regarding Covid-19, among other things we have placed hand disinfection in our bars and restaurants. Opening hours are slightly changed and we are closed on Sundays, more info can be found under the restaurants tab on the website.
Banning public gatherings with more than 50 people, how does this affect the hotel organization?
As of March 29, the Government's decision to limit public gatherings and public events to a maximum of 50 participants does not include hotels and restaurants at the time of writing. Read more HERE.
If my flight, event or similar has been canceled as a result of COVID-19, what about cancellation terms?
Our regular booking conditions apply to your hotel reservation in these cases, that is:
Credit card required to guarantee your reservation. Cancellations and amendments can be made free of charge up until 6 PM the day before arrival (local time). Late cancellation or no show will result in a charge equivalent of the first nights stay.
Cancellation Policy Third Party
If you have booked through a third party, an OTA (Online Travel Agency, such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com), we may direct you to them. If you have made a group or conference booking, the cancellation policy also applies, which you will find in your booking confirmation.