Hotel Riverton’s Environmental Policy
At Hotel Riverton, we work to continuously improve our environmental performance of all the hotel's operational activities to reduce our environmental impact. Our certification is by Svensk Miljöbas and the renewal of the certification takes place on an annual basis and is performed by the City of Gothenburg.
We are working to continuously improve our environmental performance of all the hotel´s operational activities to reduce our environmental impact. Our certification is by the Swedish Environmental Base standard. The standard for operations is based on the key elements in ISO 14 001, but with simplified requirements for documentation, and focuses on actual environmental improvements and open environmental reporting. The renewal of the certification takes place on an annual basis and is performed by the City of Gothenburg.
Our overall goal as a hotel is to reduce our environmental impact while maintaining a high standard and quality for you as a guest. So, while you stay with us, we aim to do everything we can for you to enjoy your stay whilst working on reducing our environmental impact.
Please read more below of how you can support us in our endeavour to work more sustainably.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR VISIT
- Cleaning is done with respect for the environment.
- We reduce the amount of detergent used by using microfibre cloths and we only use environmentally certified cleaning products.
- Washing is carried out with high environmental standards both on-site and via our suppliers.
- In our purchasing process, we prioritise ecological and environmentally friendly products and goods.
- All rubbish accumulated at the hotel is sorted at source.
- Lighting and ventilation are on a timer for public spaces.
- Lighting in the rooms is turned on / off by slotting your key card into a key holder by the door.
- More than 70% of our lighting is energy-saving lamps, with the goal of 100% before year-end.
- We use pump bottles for shampoo, shower gel and lotions in the room to reduce plastic waste.
YOU CAN ALSO HELP TO CONTRIBUTE TO A BETTER ENVIRONMENT BY
- Using public transport during your visit to Gothenburg
- Following the instructions of the sign in the bathroom of when to change your towels.
- Not using water unnecessarily
- Turning off the light/ remove the key from the key holder when leaving your hotel room.
- Not throwing foreign objects, such as sanitary towels, cotton swabs, tampons, etc. into the toilet. There is a basket for this purpose in the bathroom.